CLAT 2019 a pdf notification is available on this web page. All candidates get more details are visiting our website and CLAT 2019 important notification pdf download. CLAT 2019, Common Law Admission Test is a noun- a statutory body created for the convenience of the students seeking the admissions to study law in various universities in the country under a MoU.
For this, a CLAT 2019 entrance test is conducted to provide a list of candidates on the basis of merit-cum-preference, to each and every university for the admission to their UG/PG programs, as per the qualifications and reservations and other conditions will be laid down under the respective statutes of the participating universities. This CLAT 2019 exam is an all India entrance exam conducted on rotation by a total of 16 national law universities for the admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programs.
Colleges under CLAT
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The TamilNadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Each and every college has its different requirement to attend this exam. There are some general qualifications required to attend and register for this CLAT 2019 exam. Some of them are: The above-mentioned sixteen National Law Institutes offer a total of five-year integrated undergraduate law courses leading to the award of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.), B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) degrees.
For UG program
A candidate should have obtained a higher secondary school or intermediate or any equivalent certificate from a recognized board with a mark not less than 45% marks in aggregate. And for students who belong to SC and ST candidates should have scored 40% in their CLAT 2019 exams, as prescribed by the respective university. And the students should be below 20 years of age before 1st July 2019 and (22 years in the case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates.
For PG program
A candidate who attends exams for postgraduate exams will have certain qualifications before attending this CLAT exam. He or she should have obtained a bachelor in their law or five years of integrated bachelor law degree from any recognized university and should not be less than 55% marks in aggregate and 50% marks should be obtained by Sc and ST candidates.
CLAT 2019 Exam pattern
The total marks for this examination will be 200 marks. The number of multiple choice question of one mark will be asked for 200 marks and the time was given will be two hours. Each subject of CLAT 2019 will have different weight age of marks like the English including Comprehension that carries a total of 40 marks and logical reasoning that also carries 40 marks. While General Knowledge and Current Affairs and Legal Aptitude carries 50 marks. While the legal aptitude will carry 20 marks, giving a total of 200 marks for two hours.
Important dates for CLAT 2019
- Application availability from 1st January 2019 to 31st March 2019
- Submission of the CLAT 2019 form online April Mid 2019
- Admit card accessibility – by the end of April 2019
- Exam Date of Common Law Admission Test- May 2019
- Result Declaration- 20th May 2019
- Counseling for admission- June 2019
- Closure of Admission – end of June 2019
CLAT 2019 Fee details
The candidate who wants to make their payment through CLAT 2019 website should first submit the online application form and if interested can download the previous year’s question papers. While participating in counseling, the mode of payment through this website can either be online or offline.
For online payment, the candidate can make they make their CLAT 2019 payment through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc while the candidate should beat the additional transaction cost and challan for remitting the fees through payment gateways.
CLAT mode of payment 2019
For paying the fees offline, the candidate should download the Challan the bank challan, that will be generated with the required information as filled by the candidates and make the payment with the additional bank charges at any branch of the SBI. After making the required payment at this bank, the candidate should upload the scanned PDF copy of CLAT 2019 challan and also fill in the details as required by the relevant section of the website.
The fees that have to be paid for this online application for the CLAT 2019 application form is Rs.4000 for General/OBC/PWD and other category candidates and for SC and ST categories, the candidates should pay Rs. 3500/- excluding the bank charges and the additional transaction costs for remitting the fees online or offline.
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
While there is no fixed CLAT 2019 syllabus for this exam, the important topics that include the portions to be covered. English Including Comprehension- this subject has a set to test the candidate’s proficiency and fluency in the English language. In this comprehension section, the candidate requires to answer the questions based on the passage and theme and words while the grammar part will be questioned with incorrect words that have to be corrected and some of the words, idioms and phrases, antonyms, synonyms etc will also be asked.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs- where questions from general knowledge, dates and other important details will be asked. Also, the candidate’s knowledge in current affairs will be tested. The other subjects include Elementary Mathematics, which has portions of maths up to class 10. The other two subjects are Legal Aptitude and Logical & Critical Reasoning where the aptitude and the ability of the candidate to do reasoning like quizzes and puzzle tests will be asked and tested. Other details will be available in the CLAT’s official website.
CLAT contact details
Latest posts by Narayan Shashtri (see all)
- MH CET 2019 result declaration date, time & result links - Sep 22, 2018
- MH CET 2019 Application form MBA/ MBBS/ Engineering - Sep 21, 2018
- How to crack MH CET | MHT CET preparation 10 tips - Sep 21, 2018