- COMEDK UGET 2019 and PGET 2019
- COMEDK UGET 2019
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form
- COMEDK UGET Important Dates
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Answer key
- COMEDK PGET 2019
- COMEDK Eligibility criterion for PGET 2019
- COMEDK PGET 2019 Important dates
- COMEDK Contact Details
- Leave a comment
COMEDK UGET 2019 and PGET 2019
COMEDK is the abbreviation or short form of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka. The examination is conducted in a fair, transparent and effective way to access a candidate’s ability to study in medical, engineering and dental colleges of Karnataka. Members of COMEDK consortium (Universities, government colleges, and professional institutes) take admissions in their colleges based on the performance of the candidate in the UGET and PGET exam that is conducted by COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET 2019
COMEDK will take the UGET-2019 or undergraduate admission test-2019 for admissions to the undergraduate courses offered in medical, dental and engineering colleges of Karnataka. The test is conducted each year in the month of May. This year it will be conducted in May 2019.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for the UGET-2019 exam a candidate must fulfill the following conditions:
- The candidate should have qualified 12th standard examination or 2nd PUC or any other equivalent examination from a Board recognized by the State Government of Karnataka or Central Government of India. The candidate must have studied physics, chemistry, biology and English in11th and 12th
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% as an aggregate in the PCB subject group (taken together) and must have passed each of the subjects individually. For SC/ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state, the lower percentage limit is 40%.
- The candidates appearing for the 12th examination can also apply for the UGET-2019 exam. They will only be admitted to a college if they fulfill the least percentage criterion.
- UGET-2019 will also consist of a paper of English. The general category candidates must secure a minimum of 50% in the English paper. For SC, ST and OBC candidates the lower limit is 40%. The marks of English will not be counted for while making the final rank list. But a candidate is not entitled to a rank if he/she fails to get the minimum percentage in English. The English paper will test a candidate’s ability in English comprehension, the structure of English words, phrase, sentences and clauses. The paper will be of 12th standard and in line with other papers of the UGET-2019 exam(PCB).
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age on or before the date December 2019.
Following type of candidates cannot appear for the exam:
- Candidates who have passed the 12th standard examination or PUC prior to the year 2015.
- The candidates who failed to join a medical or dental college after passing COMEDK exam earlier or who took admission in a medical or dental college but failed to pursue the course.
- Candidates who are already pursuing a medical or dental degree course somewhere else in India.
- Candidates who been caught earlier in the COMEDK exam doing malpractices or hiring agents.
UGET Eligibility criteria for engineering and architecture course
- The candidate must have cleared the 12th standard examination through a board recognized by the Government of India or Government of Karnataka. The candidate must have studied physics, mathematics and chemistry and English in 11th and 12th
- The general category candidates must have obtained at least 45% in their 12th standard exam in physics, chemistry, and mathematics (in aggregate is taken together) and must have passed these subjects individually. For SC, ST and OBC candidates the lower limit is 40%. For engineering, physics and mathematics are compulsory subjects. The third subject can be chemistry or biotechnology or biology or any other technical vocational subject that had been pursued by the candidate in his 12th
- There is no lateral entry in COMEDK colleges hence those having engineering diplomas cannot appear for the UGET exam.
- The candidate must have cleared the 12th standard examination/any other equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subjects or he/she should hold a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central/state government.
- General candidates must have acquired 50% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST and OBC candidates the lower minimum percentage limit I s45%.
- The candidate must have appeared in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA|) which is conducted by Council of Architecture. He/she should have obtained at least 80 out of 200 marks in the NATA examination. The lower mark limit is same for all categories of candidates (General, SC, ST, and OBC). COMEDK conducts no entrance tests for admission to B.Arch course and colleges are allotted to candidates on the basis of their marks in the NATA examination. The candidate who wants to take admission in B.Arch in COMEDK colleges should file a separate application.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form
- The candidate must register himself/herself on the COMEDK website and fill the necessary details. He/she should have a photo id (pan card, aadhar card etc.) as it is required to give details of the identification proof.
- The application fee for writing either engineering or medical exam is Rs. 1200. For writing both the exams the candidate has to pay Rs. 1500. A Demand Draft (made from a nationalized bank) has to be made in favor of The DD is to be payable at Bangalore. The candidate has to upload his latest photograph.
- The candidate must take the printout of the duly completed application form. He has to get the application form signed by the head of the college from where he cleared his/her 12th standard examination.
- The candidate must cross check the form for all the details and then send the hard copy of the application form along with the DD to the Executive Secretary, COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET Important Dates
- Issue of request of application form-___/3/2019
- Last date of issue of request for application form- ____/4/2019
- Last date of filling of application form- ____/4/2019
- Last date of receiving physical application form(printout)- ____/4/2019
- Issue of online hall ticket/admit card- ____/4/2019
- COMEDK UGET-2019 test day- ____/5/2019
- Publishing of answer keys for the questions of the test-____/5/2019
- Last date of receiving objections with regards to answer key- ____/5/208
- Publishing of Final answer keys- _____/5/2019
- Publishing of Test score by COMEDK- _____/5/2019
- Publishing of online rank card-_____/6/2019
For B.Arch., as there will be a not exam, the admission procedure is as follows:
- Online application form for B.Arch- ____/6/2019
- Last date of receiving online application forms-____/6/2019.
- Publishing of rank list-____/6/2019.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Answer key
The candidate can get previous year solved papers by researching on the internet. He/she can also join a coaching institute which provides coaching for the UGET exam. Several books are available in the market which can prove to be a good guide for clearing the exam.
COMEDK PGET 2019
Admissions are done to 12 medical and 19 dental colleges of Karnataka based on the ranks obtained by aspirants in the PGET-2019. There are about 600 seats to which admissions are made.
PGET or Post Graduate Entrance Test is the testing mechanism for Post Graduate Programme in medical and dental colleges of Karnataka
COMEDK Eligibility criterion for PGET 2019
- The candidate must have passed MBBS/BDS from a college approved by the MCI/DCI. They must have completed or been completing their internship before last week of April 2019.
- The minimum marks for appearing in pget-2019 for general category candidates is 50% and 45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
- The candidate must have obtained permanent registration from MCI/DCI or any other state medical or dental council.
Following kinds of candidates cannot appear in PGET 2019:
- Those who already hold a postgraduate degree in any specialty.
- Candidates who already pursuing a PG degree in any specialty in a college through COMEDK PGET exam.
- Candidates who been earlier selected for a seat in COMEDK pg course but who failed to join or pursue the course.
COMEDK PGET 2019 Important dates
- Issue of notification for request of PGET 2019 application form- _____/11/2019
- Start date for issue of online application form-____/11/2019
- Last date of filling of online application form of PGET 2019- ____/12/2019
- Last date of receiving physical application form- _____/12/2019
- Uploading of application form on COMEDK website- 16/1/2019.
- COMEDK PGET-2019 test day: _____-2-2019
- Publishing of test score- _____/2/2019
- Publishing of rank list and uploading of the online rank card- _____/2/2019.
COMEDK Contact Details
COMEDK # 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore - 560 055. Telephone: 080-41132810 Facsimile (Fax): 080-23568309 Email: For PGET: [email protected] For UGET: [email protected] Website: https://www.comedk.org/ Go to Homepage