Delhi University Medical Entrance Test 2019
Delhi University is one of the largest public universities of India. It has 86 academic departments and 16 faculties. A total of 77 colleges are affiliated to the university. The Faculty of Medical Sciences (FMSc) of University of Delhi offers MBBS and BDS under courses to those who aspire to be doctors. Now, the University of Delhi takes admissions to the medical courses through the All India Pre Medical Test or AIPMT. Thus, the DU quota of 85% seats for medical and dental colleges will be filled by admitting candidates who obtain good marks/rank in AIPMT in the year 2019. The AIPMT exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The undergraduate MBBS/BDS courses of FMSc are offered in world class medical institutions like Maulana Azad Medical College, Lady Hardinge Medical College, University College of Medical Sciences, Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences etc.
Earlier the DUMET exam examination was conducted for admitting students to the MBBS and BDS courses. It was conducted by the Delhi University on behalf of the state government of Delhi. The aspirants who cleared the DUMET and got goods/rank in the exam were given admissions in medical colleges run by the Delhi Government. Now, the admissions are through AIPMT.
Still, the candidate must also separately apply for seats of medical courses in DU. The prescribed application form has to be filled and sent to-
The Faculty of Medical Sciences,
V.P.Chest Institute Building,
University of Delhi,
The prescribed application forms can be obtained from FMSc after May 2019.
More information can be obtained from the website of Faculty of Medical Sciences website which is www.fmsc.ac.in.
AIPMT is an All India Exam through which admissions to different medical colleges located in different states is done. The exam is conducted at examination centers throughout India. By clearing AIPMT and holding a good rank in the exam, a candidate can get admission into the MBBS and BDS courses offered by the government medical colleges located in India. Therefore candidates who want to study in the medical colleges of Delhi can clear the exam, get a good rank and study at any FMSc institute they like. Almost all of the state level colleges participate in the AIPMT and take admissions through the exam. This year i.e. in 2019, the exam will be conducted in the month of May. All of DU medical colleges also participate in AIPMT.
Eligibility for appearing in AIPMT 2019
There are some eligibility criteria which a candidate has to fulfill for appearing in the AIPMT 2019 exam. Also, one candidate can submit only one application. The eligibility conditions are listed below.
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- He/she must be at least 17 years of age or should be attaining the required age on or before December 2019.
- The upper age limit for candidates who want admission in the 15% quota seats is 25 years. This upper age limit is further relaxed for SC, ST and OBC candidates by 5 years.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology and English in 11th and 12th standard exam. He/she should have passed these subjects individually in his/her 12th standard exam. A general category candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in the subject group of physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology. For the candidates of SC, ST and OBC category, the lower limit is 40%. For those applying in the disability/handicapped quota, the lower limit is 45%
DUMET 2019 Application form
- Candidates who want to apply for DUMET 2019 can apply on the website www.DUMET.nic.in.
- After logging on to the website the candidate has to register himself/herself on the website.
- The candidate must then enter all his/her educational and personal details step by step in the website.
- The candidate must also upload his/her photograph and signature on the website.
- The candidate can pay the DUMET 2019 exam fee online through credit/debit card, through net banking or by e-challan.
- E-challans have to be downloaded from the DUMET website. The fee can be paid through this e-challan at the specified banks in the DUMET website.
- The fee of DUMET 2019 for general and OBC candidates is Rs.1200. The fee is Rs 650 for SC, ST and PH candidates. After the due time, the late for the exam for general/OBC category candidates is Rs.2400 and Rs 1850 for SC and ST and PH candidates.
List of DUMET 2019 examination centers
DUMET will be conducted in all major cities of India. The candidates have to enter their preferred examination centers in the DUMET online application form also. The list is available at the website address given as http://dumet.nic.in/
DUMET 2019 Important dates
- Start and end date of filling the online application form- Dec first week to last week of Dec 2016
- Last date of submitting the examination fees- by credit/debit card- 1st week Jan 2019
- By e challan through bank-1st week Feb 2019
- Date for fee submission after due date with late fee- BY credit/debit card- 1st week Feb 2019
- BY E CHALLAN- 1st week Feb 2019
- Date from which downloading of admit cards start- 1st week of April 2019
- DUMET exam date- First week of May 2019
- Result declaration date- First week of June 2019
DUMET 2019 Admit Card
Form 1st April onwards, the candidates can download their admit cards from the DUMET website. The admit card is necessary for appearing in the DUMET. The candidate should carry the admit card to the examination centers. The admit card will have their names, roll numbers, venue of examination details and other details as well.
DUMET Question Paper
DUMET 2019 will have a single question paper that w will consist of 180 questions. The paper will be a short answer type paper. The question paper will be set in two languages viz. English and Hindi. All the questions will have four answer options and the candidate will have to select a single answer out of the four. The questions will be from the subjects physics, chemistry, biology and botany. The single sitting paper will be of 3 hour duration.
DUMET 2019 previous year question papers
Candidates who wish to appear in the DUMET 2019 can obtain the previous year question papers form this website.
The aspirants must learn their +2 syllabus well enough so that obtain good marks and obtain a rank in the DUMET 2019 exam. It is also beneficial to study at the coaching institutes and get expert coaching and study material.
The candidates are also advised to learn and study fully the 11th and 12th standard physics, chemistry and biology subjects. They can also study at the specialized coaching institutions or get specialized learning materials from authentic training institutions. Only those who obtain high rank in the exam will get the institution of their choice for studying MBBS/BDS course.
University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, V.P.C.I Building, Delhi- 110007 Enquiries: 27662208 E-mail: [email protected], [email protected] Website: www.fmsc.ac.in Go to Homepage
Latest posts by Narayan Shashtri (see all)
- MH CET 2019 result declaration date, time & result links - Sep 22, 2018
- MH CET 2019 Application form MBA/ MBBS/ Engineering - Sep 21, 2018
- How to crack MH CET | MHT CET preparation 10 tips - Sep 21, 2018