The Indian Maritime University is a Central University and was formed on 14th November 2008. The main aim of the university is to develop trained human resource for the Indian Maritime Sector. The headquarter of IMU is located in Chennai. The university offers graduate, post graduate courses, diploma and PhD in maritime study.
- IMU CET 2019
- Courses offered at IMU and its affiliated colleges
- IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
- IMU CET 2019 Application form
- IMU CET 2019 Eligibility criteria
- Reservation in IMU CET UG and PG programs
- IMU CET 2019 Important Details
- IMU CET 2019 Admit card
- IMU CET 2019 answer key
- IMU CET contact details
- Leave a comment
IMU CET 2019
The IMU campuses are located in Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Vishakhapatnam. They are many affiliated institutes of the IMU as well.
Courses offered at IMU and its affiliated colleges
Undergraduate courses– The undergraduate courses include B. Tech Marine Engineering, B. Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, B.Sc. Shipbuilding and Repair, B.Sc. Maritime Science, B.Sc. Nautical Science and Diploma in Nautical Science.
Postgraduate courses- The post graduate programmes include:
Management Courses– MBA Port and Shipping Management, MBA International Transportation and Logistics Management
Technology Courses– M.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, M.Tech Dredging and Harbor Engineering.
Diploma courses– These include Diploma in Nautical Engineering and Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering.
The course study time of B. Tech courses is 4 years, of B.Sc. courses is 3 years, and of diploma courses it is of 1 year and of post graduate courses it is of 2 years.
- The admissions to the UG and PG programs of IMU and its affiliated college are done through a common All India Common Entrance Test. The test is conducted every year in the month of April.
- A single CET is held for all the undergraduate courses (B.Tech and B.Sc.). A common CET is held for 2 M.Tech programs and another common CET is held for the 2 MBA programs.
The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 for general candidate and Rs. 700 for SC/ST candidates.
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for IMU CET 2019 undergraduate programs includes Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Aptitude Test, English and General Knowledge of 12th level. The boards recognized are CBSE, ISC and all other state boards that are duly recognized by the states or the Central Government of India.
For postgraduate programs the syllabus is mentioned below.
- For 2 MBA programs- Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
- For the 2 M.Tech programs- Engineering, General Knowledge, Mathematics, Aptitude and English.
- The question papers of both the undergraduate and post graduate programs will consist of short answer type/objective answer type questions.
IMU CET 2019 Application form
- The candidates must first register themselves in the online examination form process of IMU CET 2019. The online application form is available on the website http://www.imu.edu.in.
- The candidate has to upload the scanned copy of his/her photograph and signature in the online application form. He can pay the fee through a bank challan of the bank STATE BANK OF INDIA.
- The candidate must not send the hard copy/printout of the application form to any address. The online form filling is sufficient. He/she will have to enter the details correctly and fully in the online application form. He must also enter the transaction id of the bank challan in the online application form after paying the fee at the SBI branch.
- The IMU CET 2019 is a computer based test which means that the candidates will be answering the questions on a computer. There are 35 test centers of CET 2019 that are located in cities across India.
- The candidate can give name of three cities where he/she wishes to give the exam in the online application form of CET.
- The candidates must reach their respective examination centers at least 30 minutes before the exam’s time.
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility criteria
- For undergraduate courses- The candidate must have passed his/her 12th standard exam on or after August, 2016 or should be appearing for it 2019.
- Candidates having Diploma in engineering (3 year duration) recognized by AICTE or state board of technical education can also appear for the UG courses.
- For admission to 4-year B.Tech courses, the candidate must have obtained at least 60% in aggregate in the subject group of PCM i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in his 12th standard examination. He must have also obtained at least 50% in the subject of English in the 12th
- For admission to 3 year course the candidate must have obtained 50% in his 12th standard examination in aggregate in the subject group PCM i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. He must have also scored at least 50% in his 12th Standard English examination.
- For applying to management post graduate courses at IMU (MBA), the candidate must have obtained a bachelor degree in any disciple with at least 50% marks. For SC/ST candidates the minimum percentage requirement is 45%.
- For applying to post graduate technological courses, M.Tech, the candidate must have an engineering degree in civil/aeronautical/mechanical/marine architecture or equivalent with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Age limit for programs/courses
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age but not more than 25 years of age on 1st August 2019.
- There is an age relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST candidates.
Reservation in IMU CET UG and PG programs
- The reservation in seats is 15% for scheduled castes, 27% for OBC-non-creamy layer and 7.5% for scheduled tribes.
- 3% reservation is for differently abled.
- The candidate must possess a physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS practitioner before the admission.
- The candidate must have good eyesight (6/6) with no abnormality for admission in DGS approved courses. These include B.Tech Marine Engineering, B.Sc. Maritime Science, B.Sc. nautical science and DNS.
For applying to post graduate courses, the degrees should be from AICTE recognized institutions.
IMU CET 2019 Important Details
- Last date of registering online for the IMU CET 2019 exam- 1st week of April 2019
- Downloading of Hall tickets starts from – Second week April 2019
- Date of the computer based CET exam- Last week April 2019
- Time of the CET 2019 exam- 2pm to 5 pm
- Date of online uploading of results-____April 2019.
- Time period for counseling for all UG and PG programs- from ____ May to ___ June 2019
- Verification of documents and certificates- ___ June to___ July
- Start of session- 3 August
IMU CET 2019 Admit card
The candidate can download his admit card from the website of IMU. The admit cards will have their names, roll numbers for the exam and the examination center’s name where they will appear for the CET-2019.
IMU CET 2019 Result
The IMU CET 2019 results will be uploaded on the IMU website on Last week of April.
IMU CET 2019 answer key
For undergraduate courses- The candidate must have thorough knowledge of his 11th and 12th class syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Additionally he must also have good knowledge of English and general knowledge. The candidates can study at the specialized coaching institutions of engineering and obtain specialized study material and do course specific study.
For post graduate courses- the candidates must have sound knowledge of their engineering subjects. They must also possess good English grammar and comprehension knowledge.
IMU CET contact details
Indian Maritime University Chennai Campus, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai 600 119 Tel: (044) 2453 0343 / 345 Fax: (044) 2453 0342 Website: http://www.imu.edu.in/ Go to Homepage
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂
Latest posts by Narayan Shashtri (see all)
- MH CET 2019 result declaration date, time & result links - Sep 22, 2018
- MH CET 2019 Application form MBA/ MBBS/ Engineering - Sep 21, 2018
- How to crack MH CET | MHT CET preparation 10 tips - Sep 21, 2018