- JIPMER MBBS/ MD/ MS Entrance Exam 2019
- JIPMER 2019 for MBBS
- JIPMER 2019 application form for MBBS
- JIPMER 2019 MBBS Important Dates
- JIPMER 2019 Post Graduate (MD/MS) Important dates
- JIPMER 2019 Eligibility for MBBS
- Eligibility for MD/MS at JIPMER
- JIPMER examination fee
- JIPMER 2019 admit card
- JIPMER 2019 exam pattern and answer key
- JIPMER 2019 Contact Details
- Leave a comment
JIPMER MBBS/ MD/ MS Entrance Exam 2019
The Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research or JIPMER is located in Puducherry. It is at a road distance of 170 kilometers from Chennai. It is one of the premier institutes in India for medical education. The institute has been recognized as an institute of national importance by an Act of parliament. The institute offers graduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) courses in medicine. The duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months with an additional 1 year for internship.
The duration of the postgraduate (MD/MS) courses is 3 years. There are a total of 150 seats in MBBS and 104 seats in MD/MS program. For admission to the courses, the institute conducts All India Entrance Examinations, both for graduate and postgraduate courses each year. The details of JIPMER 2019 entrance examinations for both graduate and postgraduate course levels have been given below.
JIPMER 2019 for MBBS
The JIPMER 2019 entrance exam for admission to JIPMER’s MBBS course is an objective type exam of 150-minute duration. It consists of question-based on the 10+2 syllabus of the government recognized boards of India. The subjects on which questions are based on include Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
JIPMER 2019 application form for MBBS
A candidate can apply for the JIPMER exam through online mode only. He/she has to log on the website www.jipmer.edu.in and register himself/herself as a candidate. He then needs to fill all his personal and educational details in columns provided in the online application form. He/she needs to upload a scanned copy of his/her photograph and signature. The candidate must have a placard when his/her photograph is taken. His/her name and date of photograph clicking must be clearly written on the placard.
The application fee for the JIPMER 2019 exam can only be paid online through credit/debit card or through net banking.
JIPMER 2019 MBBS Important Dates
- Date of exam is in the first week of June 2019/Sunday; Exam timings are from 10 am 12.30 pm.
- Online Registration for the exam starts from the First week of March 2019.
- The last date for registering online is the First week of May 2019.
- Date/time period for downloading the online admit card form the JIPMER website is from May 2019
- Expected date of Results/ Merit list is June 2019
- The MBBS course session starts from July 2019.
JIPMER 2019 Post Graduate (MD/MS) Important dates
- Start of Online Registration from the Second week of March 2019
- The last date for registering online is Last week of April 2019
- Date of JIPMER 2019 postgraduate exam is in Last week of May 2019. Timing is from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Downloading of admit cards starts from the First week of May 2019
- Downloading of admit cards ends on last week of May 2019.
- Date of results/merit list announcement on JIPEMR website is June 2019.
There are a total of 30 examination centers of JIPMER in various cities of India. The city-wise list of examination centers can be download from Here.
JIPMER 2019 Eligibility for MBBS
- Any Indian national or overseas citizen of India can apply for the course.
- The candidate must have passed/appearing in the 12th examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology/Biotechnology.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age or should attain 17 years of age on or before December 2019. The candidate must be born on or before January 1999.
- The 12th standard eligibility qualification must be obtained from a central govt. /state govt. recognized board and institution.
Eligibility for MD/MS at JIPMER
The candidate must have passed MBBS from an institute recognized by MCI. He /She should have either completed or must be completing his/her 1-year internship. The JIPMER 2019 entrance exam is of 180-minute duration. There are a total of 104 seats in the post-graduate streams available in JIPMER.
JIPMER examination fee
Examination fees for the MBBS course- The fee for the exam are Rs 1000. The fee for SC, ST and PH candidates is Rs 800. Transaction charges are also applicable.
JIPMER 2019 admit card
There is a cut off percentage above which the candidate will be considered for admission in JIPMER. The minimum percentile cut off the candidate should obtain in the JUNIPER 2019 exam varies with the category of candidates. It is 50% for general category candidates, 45% for OPH (physically handicapped candidates), and 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
The admit card can only be downloaded from the JIPMER 2019 website. No personal admit card will be sent to the candidates. The candidate must also take his valid ID proof at the examination center.
JIPMER 2019 exam pattern and answer key
The candidates appearing for MBBS must have a good knowledge of +2 syllabuses of physics, chemistry, and biology. They must obtain good marks to get a rank in JIPMER s number of seats is very limited. This holds true for both graduate and postgraduate courses. The exam syllabus of JIPMER is similar to other medical entrance exams. The candidates can study at specialized coaching institutes and undertake a rigorous self-study to actually gain a rank in JIPMER.
Those candidates who will appear for the MD/MS postgraduate exam must have good knowledge of the MBBS subjects.
JIPMER 2019 Contact Details
DIRECTOR’S OFFICE: Director Office : 0413-2296002, 0413-2272901 Email: [email protected] Website: Go to Homepage