Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination 2019
The Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts a Joint Entrance Examination for various post graduate, graduate, diploma and research/PhD courses. The examination is conducted across India in various major cities of India. Additionally, one examination centre of the JNU is located in Kathmandu, Nepal. The admission dates of the entrance exam will be in May 2019.
The various schools of study of JNU, their courses and eligibility are as follows.
- School of International Studies
The courses include M.Phil and PhD in various realms of international studies like International Politics, Diplomacy and Disarmament , International legal studies, Political Science, Geography, South Asian studies, Indo Pacific Studies, Inner Asian Studies, Canadian and Latin American studies, US studies etc.
Eligibility- The candidates who want to apply for the programs under this category must have obtained
- For MPHIL/PHD in international politics, organization and disarmament- A Master’s Degree in Political Science, Geography, History, Economics, Defense/Strategic Studies, Sociology, International Relations and Area Studies. They must have obtained at least 50% marks in their Master’s. For those having Master degree in humanities and another social science disciple the lowest percentage limit is 60%.
- For MPHIL/PHD in international legal studies- The candidate must have a LLB (3 or 5 year)degree with a minimum of 55% or an MA with international law as one of his/her post graduate subjects with a minimum of 55% marks or a LLM with 50% marks.
- For MPHIL/PHD in International Trade and Development- The candidate must have a Master degree in Economics with 50% marks. He/she must have also studied mathematics and statistics up-to bachelor level.
- For MPHIL/PHD in South Asian Studies, Indo Pacific Studies and Inner Asian Studies- The candidate must have a master degree in humanities and other social science subjects with at least 60% marks or a Master’s Degree in Political Science, Geography, History, Economics, Defense/Strategic Studies, Sociology or International Relations and Area Studies with a minimum of 50% marks or a Master Degree in Natural Sciences with at least 65% marks.
- For MPHIL/PHD in Canadian and Latin American Studies- The candidate must have a master degree in Political Science, Geography, History, Economics, Defense/Strategic Studies, Sociology, International Relations and Area Studies with at least 50% marks or a Master Degree in Natural Sciences with at least 60% marks.
- For MPHIL/PHD in US studies- The candidate must have a Master Degree in Political Science, History, Economics, Defense/Strategic Studies, Sociology, International Relations and Area Studies or Humanities with at least 50% marks.
- For all other centers– The candidate must have a Master Degree in Political Science, History, Economics or International Relations and Area Studies with at least 50% or Master Degree in Humanities and other social science disciple with at least 60% marks or a master degree in natural science with at least 65% marks.
For Master of Arts courses
- For applying to MA Politics (International Relations), the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any disciple with at least 50% marks.
- For applying to MA in Economics (World Economy), the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics (HONS) with Mathematics as a subject or Mathematics (HONS) with Economics as a subject or Statistics (HONS) with Mathematics and Economics as subjects.
School of language, literature and culture stories
The above school offers PhD / M.Phil. Master degree and Bachelor degree programs in different languages for example English, Hindi, Linguistics, Japanese, and Urdu etc.
For applying to the PhD/MPhil courses offered in this school the candidate must have a Master degree with a minimum mark percentage in the concerned subject. For applying to master degree he /she must have a bachelor degree in the concerned subject. For applying to bachelor degree, the candidate must have cleared 12th standard exam with a minimum percentage.
School of Social Studies
The school offers PhD and M.Phil in various disciples of Social Science including Ancient History, Modern History, Economics Study and Planning, Social Medicine and Community health, Educational Studies, Media Studies, and Regional Studies etc. The candidate must have a Master’s degree in the concerned disciple with a least percentage of marks.
If the candidate wants to apply for Master of Public Health program/PHD in public health program then he must have a MBBS degree with 50% marks or M.Sc degree in Nursing with at least 50% marks.
For studying in Master courses offered at school of social science the candidate must have a Bachelor degree with a least percentage. You can know more about the courses and their eligibility by clicking on the link above.
School of Life Science
The school offers PHD/MPHIL and Master degree programs in Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Plant Biotechnology, Genetics, Development Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Microbiology and other life sciences courses.
The candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria for applying to the school courses. It is M.Sc or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks. Those having a MBBS degree can also apply.
For applying to M.Sc in Life Sciences, the candidate must have a B.Sc./B.Tech or equivalent undergraduate degree in Agricultural sciences/Biological Sciences/Biotechnology with at least 55% marks.
School of Environmental Sciences
The school offers MPHIL/PHD in subjects of environmental sciences. The eligibility for the research degrees is M.Sc or MBBS or B.Tech.
For applying to M.Sc in environmental sciences, the candidate must have a bachelor degree with at least 55% marks.
School of Physical Sciences
The school offers pre PHD/PHD programs in mathematical/chemical and physical sciences. To apply for a PHD in physical science, the candidate must have a Master degree in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with at least 55% marks. A B.Tech in electronics/electrical can also apply. To apply for PHD in physical sciences, the candidate must have M.Sc in physics or chemistry with at least 55% marks. For applying to PHD in mathematical sciences, the candidate must have a M.Sc degree in mathematics with at least 55% marks.
For applying to M.Sc in Mathematics, the candidate must have studied Physics as a main subject in graduation. He/she must have obtained at least 55% in aggregate in PCM group. B.Tech in electronics, computer, mechanical, electrical streams can also apply.
School of Arts and Aesthetics
The school offers MPHIL/PHD in streams like theatre and performance studies, visual studies and cinema studies. A candidate must have a Master Degree with at least 50% marks to apply for the course. The master degree can be in any disciple.
School of Computational and Integrative Studies
The school offers PRE PHD/PHD in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. For applying to them, a candidate must have a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics/Chemistry/Biology/Physics/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or MCA. MBBS/BHMS or any other equivalent degree holders (recognized by MCI) are eligible to apply. B.Pharm/B.Tech/B.E. can also apply. They applicant must have studied mathematics up to his/her 12th standard and must have obtained at least 55% marks in graduation.
The school also runs an integrated M.SC-PHD program in Computational and Integrative Sciences. For applying to it the applicant must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor Degree in any disciple of Basic Science/Applied Science and Technology. Medicine and Engineering degrees are also included.
School of Biotechnology
The school offers PRE-PHD/PHD courses in biotechnology fields including Transcription Control/ Gene Regulation/ Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering etc. For applying to the courses the candidate must have a Master degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Mathematics or any branch of Biological, Physical or Engineering Sciences. B.Tech in Bioengineering/Biotechnology and other relative fields can also apply for the program.
Centre for Sanskrit studies
The school offers MPHIL/ Ph.D. in Sanskrit. For applying to the courses, the candidate must have studies Sanskrit/Allied subject in his graduation and must have obtained at least 55% marks in graduation.
Centre for Molecular Medicine
The school offers PRE PHD/PHD in areas related to Molecular Medicine like Diagnostics, Metabolic Disorders etc. For applying to the course, the candidate must possess a Master degree in any branch of Biological Sciences or Chemical Sciences. MBBS/BVSC and B.Pharm candidates can also apply for the course if they have achieved 55 % marks in graduation.
The school also offers an integrated M.Sc-PHD program. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Basic and Applied Sciences (BVSC and MBBS are included). The applicant must have got at least 55% marks in graduation.
Centre for Study of Law and Governance
The school offers MPHIL/PHD in Law and Governance. The eligibility for the course is a Master degree in Political Science, Law, Economics, Administration, Philosophy, History, Social Work, Development Studies, Social Sciences, and Humanities and in other related areas with at least 55% marks.
Direct admission to MPHIL/PHD courses
The candidates who have cleared JRF can appear for direct viva voice and get admission to JNU run MPHIL/PRE PHD/PHD programs. This category has limited number of seats.
Part time programs
The University also runs part time programs like Advanced Diploma in Mass Media in Urdu and Certificate of Proficiency courses. For these exams, test will be held at the Delhi center only.
The eligibility for certificate of proficiency is a pass in 12th standard. For Diploma in Proficiency the minimum eligibility is a certificate of proficiency. The eligibility for Advanced Diploma in Mass Media in Urdu, the eligibility is a Bachelor degree with at least 45% marks.
The reservation criterion fully applies to the JNU -EE admissions. 27% seats are reserved for the OBC candidates (non creamy layer), 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
JNUEE 2019 application form
The application form can be obtained, filled and submitted in two ways:
- Online- On JNU website www.jnu.ac.in. Step by step instructions are provided for the candidate on the website. The application fee can be submitted online through credit/debit card and through bank challan.
- Offline- By sending a DD of Rs 300 to JNU. The university will then post the form to the candidate.
The address is:
Section officer (admissions)
Jawaharlal Nehru university,
New Delhi 110067
JNUEE 2019 Important dates
Time period of online application process- Feb-March 2019
Start date of issue of offline application form- from 1st week of Feb 2019.
Last date of issue of offline form – second week of March 2019
Last date of the filled offline form to reach JNU – Last week of March 2019.
JNU EEE 2019 answer key
The previous year question papers of the exam can be obtained from the website link given below.
For getting admissions to the PRE PHD/PHD and post graduate courses at JNU, deep knowledge of the respective branch subject is expected from the candidate. The candidate must prepare well for the exam as the JNU EE is a national level exam of great importance.
JNU contact Details
Director (Admission) Phone: 011-26704054, 26741236 Email : director_admissions @mail.jnu.ac.in
Coordinator (Evaluation) Phone: 011-26704012, 26742616 Fax : 011-26742898 Email : coordinator @mail.jnu.ac.in
Deputy Registrar (Admission) Phone: 011-26704047/48, 26742617 Email: dr_admissions @mail.jnu.ac.in Website: https://www.jnu.ac.in Go to Homepage
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂