Karnataka Common Entrance Test-KCET
KCET is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority and stand for Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Karnataka common entrance test offers courses related to the engineering and medical domains of academics. Every year this examination has been held for the students in various colleges or in government or unaided institutes of the state.
KCET 2019 Eligibility
There are few criteria for the Karnataka CET eligibility for this examination as are given below:-
- Criteria 1. It is mandatory for the candidates to have passed the 12th Standard with mathematics as the compulsory subject. The students have to attain an aggregate of the minimum of 45% marks in mathematics and physics along with chemistry and computer science for the open category.
- Criteria 2: -Candidates who belong to SC and ST category should have a minimum of 40% aggregate in the subjects of Mathematics and Physics along with Chemistry and computer science and biotechnology.
- Criteria 3: – Only the residents of Karnataka can appear for this examination.
- Criteria 4: – Candidates from other states can appear for this exam only if they have studied for a minimum of 7 years in Karnataka.
- Criteria 5: – Only those candidates who have cleared the above exams and attained the required percentage in English as a primary language can apply for the KCET.
KCET 2019 seat reservation
Applicants from the SC/ST and OBC quota fall under the reserved seat category. The reservation of seats is also available to Candidates who belong to NCC Scouts, Wards of Defense Personnel, physically disabled and state subjects of Jammu and Kashmir. Migrants can also have the privileged to get the benefit of reserved seats .There should be an official notification for the reserved seats in the examination. To avail the benefit of this category, candidates have to give the proof of their identity, which should be duly signed and attested by the Government bodies.
KCET 2019 Application form
Application form for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test would be available online and offline also.Candidates can get the application form from the official website. Read below for help in filling up the application form without making errors.
How to apply for Karnataka CET 2019?
- Step 1: – Candidates can visit the official website of KCET i.e. .
- Step 2: – Candidates have to click on the link which is on the website.
- Step 3 : – Candidates are required to fill all the details like name, age, gender.
- Step 4: – Candidates have to upload their photographs and their signature.
- Step 5:- Finally the candidates have to submit their KCET application form
The candidate desiring to fill the application forms online, have to go to the Respective colleges or schools. There are only a few nominated colleges or institutions where the application form is available. Candidates have to fill the form with blue ballpoint pen only maintaining neat and legible handwriting. Candidates have to be very careful while filling the application form. There should be on overwriting or cutting. Candidates have to send their application form along with the related document at the KEA office.
KCET 2019 registration fee
Fees for the application form can be paid through Bank or at the post office. Candidates can make the payment at the State Bank of India and get the receipt from the bank in return as a proof.
KCET 2019 Admit card
Candidates can download they admit card from the official website of KCET. Candidates have to fill their roll number or date of birth to download their admit card. Alternatively, the admit card can also be obtained from the respective Institution where the candidate had earlier filled in the application form.
KCET 2019 exam pattern
The exam pertains to in-depth knowledge of 3 subjects. Candidates from the stream of engineering have to appear and clear three subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Candidates from to Medical courses have to excel in 3 subjects too namely: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Each Exam carries 60 marks each. Candidates have to solve 60 questions. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
KCET 2019 contact details
Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012. Phone : 080 - 23460460 Fax : 080 - 23461576 e-mail: [email protected] Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in Go to Homepage
Latest posts by Narayan Shashtri (see all)
- MH CET 2019 result declaration date, time & result links - Sep 22, 2018
- MH CET 2019 Application form MBA/ MBBS/ Engineering - Sep 21, 2018
- How to crack MH CET | MHT CET preparation 10 tips - Sep 21, 2018