The Karnataka PGCET or Karnataka Post Graduate Combined Entrance Test is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (abbreviated as KEA) for the candidates who seek admission in the first year/ first semester in the M.Arch, M.E. and M.Tech post graduate courses. The colleges who take admission on the basis of Karnataka PGCET-2019 candidate rank/marks include the Universities of Karnataka, government colleges, government aided colleges, private unaided colleges and other professional institutes. The candidates are ranked according to the marks they obtain in the Karnataka pgcet-2019 and are then allotted colleges.
Karnataka PGCET 2019
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% in his undergraduate course (viz. B.E., B.TECH., and B.Arch.). The 50% lower cutoff limit is for general category candidates. For SC, ST (category1 candidates) belonging to Karnataka the lower limit is 45%.
- The candidate must have a domicile certificate of Karnataka and he/she must be a resident of Karnataka and also he must have the community certificate if he wants to apply in the reserved category.
- Candidates who have appeared in GATE and have valid GATE scorecards need not appear for the Karnataka- PGCET exam. They will be given preference over others on the basis of their marks in GATE. Such candidates must enter the PGCET 2019 application form filling procedure and fill in the details in the online form.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Paper Pattern
The Karnataka PGCET 2019 question paper will consist of 2 parts with a total of 75 questions.
- Part A- 50 questions.
- Part B- 25 questions.
The duration of exam will be 120 minutes. The questions will be related to the undergraduate course passed by the candidate viz. B.E., B.Tech. or B.Arch. and will be based on the syllabus of the candidate.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Application Form
- The candidates have to enter all the details in online form available on the KEA website.
- The candidate must have an email id for entering the application process. He will be allotted a registration number and password for the website. The registration number is important for all future communications with KEA (related to PGCET-2019) and hence must be noted down by the candidate.
- The candidate has to upload the scanned copy of his/her passport size photograph along with the scanned copy of his/her full signature.
- The candidate will be issued a bank challan copy by the KEA website. The copy will be used to submit the fees at the nationalized bank-The State Bank of Mysore. The examination fees can be submitted at any branch of the bank through the bank challan. The fees structure for General and OBC candidates in Rs. 650 and for SC and ST candidates (category1 belonging to Karnataka only) the fees is Rs. 500. Candidates living in Karnataka can also make e-payment of the exam fee in the post offices of Karnataka.
- After checking all the details and reviewing the online application form, the candidates have to take the printout of the application form and paste their thumb impression in the space provided. They also have to get the signature of the head of the institution from where they have completed their B.E., B.Tech. or B.Arch.
The candidates who want to appear in the Karnataka PGCET 2019 can get more information about the exam from the address provided below:
Karnataka Examinations Authority,Sampige Road,
Bangalore – 560 012.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Important Dates
- Start of Online Application filling procedure: June 2019
- Payment of exam fees through e-payment at post office/bank challan: July 2019
- Last Date for submission of PGCET-2019 Application Form: July 2019
- Last date to pay the fee For PGCET-2019: July Second Week, 2019
- Downloading of the examination hall ticket will be after July Third Week, 2019
- Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam tentative date: July Last Week, 2019
- A result of PGCET 2019: August 2019
- Counseling for graduate courses based on PGCET 2019 ranks of the candidates: August 2019
Karnataka PGCET 2019 admit card
The Karnataka PGCET 2019 admit-card will be uploaded on the website of KEA for candidates who have successfully filled their application forms in a correct manner. Those who have entered incorrect details or have filled the application form in an incomplete manner will not be issued admit card. The KEA board will first scrutinize all the admission forms and the issue of the online admit card. Thus it is very important for the candidate to sell the application form with care and attention.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 cut off
The Karnataka PGCET 2019 is a postgraduate entrance exam. It will have questions relating to the undergraduate course of the candidate (B.E., B.Tech, and B.Arch.). The candidate needs to get good marks in PGCET-2016 in order to get admission to premier post-graduate study institutes. It is not adequate to just pass the exam. Those who get more marks will get better institutions for studying their post graduate course.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 answer key
Karnataka PGCET tests a candidate’s aptitude, his/her analyzing skills, his/her knowledge of all the subjects he/she has studied in his/her undergraduate course. PGCET is a state level for admission in Karnataka but is on par with other national exams for admission in post-graduate courses. The candidates are advised to study in detail all the undergraduate subjects if they want to pass the exam in flying colors. They can also consult their teachers to know more about the PGCET 2019 exam pattern. Some websites have previous year question papers of the PGCET 2019 exam. These question papers can be downloaded from the internet and solved.
KEA PGCET Contact Details
Karnataka Examinations Authority, Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560 012. Phone: 080 - 23461575, 23462758, 23462599 Fax: 080 - 23461576 Email: [email protected] Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in Go to Homepage
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂