Odisha Joint Entrance Examination 2019
The Odisha JEE is a joint entrance examination conducted in the state of Odisha for admissions in professional courses in the Universities, government colleges, government aided colleges and private colleges located in Odisha. The Odisha JEE is undertaken by the Odisha Policy Planning Body. This policy planning body is approved by the government of Odisha under the provisions of OPEI (RA and FF) Act 2007. The courses in which admissions are done include undergraduate and post graduate courses in professional streams like Homeopathy(B.H.M.S.), Ayurveda(B.A.M.S.), pharmacy (B.Pharm, M.Pharm.), Master Degree in Applied Management(M.A.M.). Lateral entry admissions are also done (entry to second year) in undergraduate courses including Pharmacy, Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Admission to 1st year in post graduate courses including M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Pharm., M.ARCH and M.TECH are done through Odisha JEE.
Odisha JEE 2019 application form
There are a total of 6 forms available to candidates which can be used to apply for different streams of study.
- Form A-for BAMS/BHMS and B.Pharm.
- Form B- for lateral entry in pharmacy, architecture and engineering courses.
- Form C- for MBA/MCA/Lateral Entry-MCA
- From D- for post graduate courses including M.Pharm., M.Tech, M.Tech.(part time) and M.Arch.
- Form E- for combinations like:-
- MBA and PGAT
- MBA and Lateral Entry- MCA
- MBA and MCA.
- Form F- for MAM.
The cost of application forms A, B, C, D and F is Rs. 1000. The cost of application form E is Rs. 1500.
The application can only be filled online on the Odisha JEE website http://www.odishajee.com. The examination fee can be submitted online through credit/debit cards or through the bank challan issued by the website. The bank challans are available of Bank of Baroda and Canara Bank.
There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form to any address. The candidates can upload their photos, signatures and thumb impression on the website itself.
The candidates must complete their application forms in all respect with correct details. Any irregularity will result in the rejection of the application.
Odisha JEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There is no age limit for entering any of the courses. Candidates who apply in the physically disabled category will be examined through a medical board.
The board will issue different rank lists for different streams of students.
For admission to colleges (for domiciles) that are under the Odisha state category or S category:
The government colleges of Odisha will only take admission of candidates:
- Who have passed (or are appearing in 2019) in their 12th standard exam from Odisha state board or any school located in Odisha with its board recognized by the Govt. of Odisha.
- Whose parents are native of Odisha.
- Whose parents are central or state government employees who serve the government in Odisha.
Academic eligibility for Odisha JEE 2019
- For candidates seeking admission in B.Pharma: They must have studied Physics, chemistry and mathematics or biotech or biology or technical vocational subject in their 12th General category and other category candidates must have obtained 45% marks in aggregate in the above mentioned three subjects. The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
- For candidate seeking admission to BHMS, BAMS: They must have studied Physics, chemistry and biology in their 12th General category and other category candidates must have obtained 50% marks in aggregate in the above mentioned three subjects. The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
- For candidates seeking lateral entry in 2nd year in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture courses: The candidate must have an engineering, or architecture diploma. The diploma should be from State Council of Technical Education and Training of Odisha or from an AICTE approved institution. The general category candidates must have obtained 45% marks in their diploma. SC/ST candidates must have obtained 40%.
- Candidates seeking lateral entry to B.Pharm. course: The candidate must have a diploma in pharmacy from Odisha State Board of Pharmacy or any institution recognized by AICTE. The candidate must have obtained 45% marks in his/her diploma. SC/ST candidates must have got at least 40%.
- For candidates seeking admission in MCA: 3 year bachelor degree from University of Odisha or a UGC recognized university. The candidate must have studied mathematics in his/her 12th The general category candidates must have obtained 50% in their graduation.SC/ST candidates must have obtained 45%. If the candidate has done BCA or B.Sc.(IT/IST/CS/ITM) then there is no need for studying Mathematics at 12th standard.
- For candidates seeking admission to MBA: The candidate must have done a three year or four year course from a UGC/AICTE recognized college/university. He/she should have obtained 50% in his graduation (for general category). For SC/ST the lower limit is 45%.
- For candidates seeking admission to M.tech.: The candidate must have completed(appearing in final year) in his B.Tech./B.E./M.Sc.. A general category candidate must have obtained 50%in his graduation. The SC/ST candidates must have obtained 45%.
- Tech part time: The candidate must have completed (appearing in final year) in his B.Tech./B.E./M.Sc.. He/she must have 2 year of work experience in a firm/education institute/ government etc.
- Candidate seeking admission to M.Pharma: The candidate must have completed (appearing in last semester) his/her B.Pharma from an AICTE approved institution. He/she must have obtained at least 50% in his/her graduation (for general category candidates). the SC/ST candidates must have obtained 45%
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Arch: The candidate must have obtained 50% in his qualifying examination( for general category candidates). The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 45%.
- For candidates seeking admission to MAM: The candidate must have obtained 45% in his/her CHSE or 12th standard or equivalent examination. The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
All the qualifications for all courses must be obtained from UGC recognized/AICTE recognized colleges and government approved boards ( as the case applies). The candidates appearing for final year can also apply for ODISHA JEE. They must be able to achieve the necessary qualification before admissions are done to ODISHA JEE colleges.
Odisha JEE 2019 Reservations
- 8% of the seats are reserved for scheduled caste candidates. 12% of the seats are reserved for scheduled tribe candidates.
- 5% of seats of some courses including B.Pharm., Tech., B.Arch., MBA, MAM, MCA are reserved for green card holders.
- 3% of the seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates
Outside state candidates are not eligible for admissions in government run colleges. However they can avail admission in private colleges.
Odisha JEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- For B.Pharm.- Physics-60 questions, chemistry-60 questions and either mathematics-60 questions, or biology 60 questions(30 botany questions and 30 zoology questions)
- For lateral entry in Tech- Mathematics, basic electrical engineering, engineering mechanics, with 40 questions each..
- For B.Pharm. lateral entry-Part 1 and Part 2 of diploma in pharmacy syllabus as per educational regulation issued by the Pharmacy Council of India, educational regulation -1991.
- For MCA- Mathematics 60 questions, Computer Awareness 60 questions. 2 hour duration exam.
- For MBA- General knowledge , comprehension, computers and business fundamentals, analytical reasoning, Total 120 question. 2 hour duration
- For M.E../M.Tech- 90 questions: 60 B. Arch related questions, 20 questions from engineering mathematics and 10 questions form arithmetic and logical reasoning. 2 hour duration paper.
- For M.Pharma-60 questions from the branch. 1 hour duration paper.
- For MAM- General knowledge, comprehension, .verbal and analytical reasoning. A total of 60 questions. 1 hour duration
- For BHMS, BAMS- Physics, Chemistry, Biology. 60 questions
Odisha JEE 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for all the examinations of Odisha JEE can be downloaded from the link given below:
Odisha JEE 2019 reading Material
Candidates can obtain more previous year papers from websites and bookstores. The candidate must study his/her 12th standard subjects well enough to obtain a good rank in the ODISHA JEE exam. They can join a specialized coaching institute as well.
The candidates who want admission in ODISHA JEE post graduate courses must have a deep knowledge of their undergraduate subjects. If the candidate is appearing or has appeared for GATE then he/she will get the additional advantage as the question paper of ODISHA JEE postgraduate exams for admission in courses like M.Tech will resemble the GATE question paper.
Odisha JEE 2019 Important Dates
- For candidates applying for 1st year in Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, M.B.A. courses or Lateral entry to second year in Engineering, Technology and Architecture courses- 9 am to 11 am- 1st sitting.
- For candidates applying to 1st year Pharmacy, B.Sc. lateral entry to engineering and for 1st year in M.Pharm., M.A.M.- 12 noon to 1 pm- 2nd sitting
- For candidates applying to 1st year in Homeopathy/ Ayurveda/ Pharmacy-biology test- 2.30 pm to 3.30pm.-3rd sitting.
- Test for candidates applying for 1st year M.C.A./ lateral entry to M.C.A. and post graduate admission test for M.Tech. (part time) and M.Arch-2.30 pm to 4.40 pm-4th sitting.
All the exams will be on the same date i.e. ____ May 2019.
Odisha JEE 2019 Admit card/ Hall Ticket
The examination hall ticket/admit card will be uploaded on the website of ODISHA JEE. Candidates who have applied correctly for ODISHA JEE through the online application form and have submitted the ODISHA JEE fee will only be issued the admit card. The candidates must carry the admit cards to their respective examinations for appearing in the ODISHA JEE exam. Candidates who fail to produce the card at the examination center will not be permitted to sit in the exam.
Odisha JEE 2019 Counselling
The counseling of Odisha JEE will be done on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in Odisha JEE examination 2019.
OJEE contact details
Chairman, Odisha Joint Entrance Examination-2019 JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Khandagiri, DIST - Khurda. Bhubaneswar - 751030 Website: www.odishajee.com, www.ojee.nic.in E-Mail: [email protected] Fax: 0674-2352457 Go to Homepage
Latest posts by Narayan Shashtri (see all)
- MH CET 2019 result declaration date, time & result links - Sep 22, 2018
- MH CET 2019 Application form MBA/ MBBS/ Engineering - Sep 21, 2018
- How to crack MH CET | MHT CET preparation 10 tips - Sep 21, 2018